With David at work most of the weekend, I took the opportunity to get busy in my sewing room. I have been working on that mystery quilt, and finally have the flimsy done. I would have made larger borders if I had a bit more of the green print fabric, but…… when you do a mystery from stash fabrics, you can’t always know.
I had a bit of problem with the half-square triangles stretching, as they were done with the method where you sew two squares together and then cut across diagonally twice to make four small triangle blocks. In the end, because I knew that my small units had been the correct size, I made my borders the size they should have measured, and will square the quilt on the frame when I am quilting it, thereby quilting in the excess. I don’t think I will use that method again.
and think it will be a really fun quilt.
I have tons of projects to work on before I get my quilting frame and machine assembled and fired up. I’m looking forward to doing the quilting too, but right now, I’m having fun, just playing with my amazing fabrics.