While David has been immersed in his Statistics class this weekend, I have been sewing.
I sewed the backing for my Muscat mystery quilt that will finally see the quilting machine. It is now laying over the frame, all ready to load tomorrow morning. I can’t wait to get started….. it was only due a year ago. But then, my frame was dismantled to move, so I guess I couldn’t have done it then.
Next, I worked on the blocks for the local quilt group Block of the Month. First, I redid the August block, as I had realized that the inner square should not be the background colour. I like this much better with the pale blue around the centre.
There were a few unpleasant words in the air when I realized that some measurements were wrong for the September block. I had to take 1/8″ seam on some pieces to make it work. Here it is – I don’t like it.
The block is too heavy for such dark colours. I will have to rethink this one and make another. It will need much lighter fabrics, or maybe a little extra piecing to lighten it to match the other three. I need to use the same red in all the blocks too – I’d hoped to be able to use different ones, but this, although it looks like frost, doesn’t have the vibrancy of the striped one.
End of the day – I’m happy to have been able to spend it sewing.