When I started sorting and organizing my sewing room this fall, I found a quilt that was partially completed. Only the borders remained to be done – I thought that I should be able to know this one off pretty quickly, and have a UFO finished in short order.
Yesterday, I pinned the quilt to my leaders and had a look at it. Pretty crooked – this was done before I knew about stitching in the ditch to keep the lines straight. It was before I got my new frame (2010), and maybe even before I got my Bailey Home Quilter.
I set about to straighten the borders at the top, so I could then quilt them. Ok – not bad.
I can’t go on and finish this quilt. I like the top, which was the product of a swap in Grande Prairie of quarter-flower blocks. If I just finish it as it is, it will end up in the garbage.
So, another quilt will go on the frame, while I painstakingly frog-stitch all the quilting. Thank goodness it isn’t heavily quilted. then I will do it right, from the beginning.
i guess I’ve learned quite a lot in the past few years, after all.