Rippit, Rippit!

Spent most of Thursday afternoon unsewing! I hate that. I was quilting merrily along…. not very far, really, when I realized that I had tension problems. It’s amazing how much longer it takes to take stitches out than to put them in.
I finished yesterday morning, then spent the day at the beach, or rather, in the shade with a book at the beach. It was a nice break.
This morning, it’s back to work, with different thread. Here is a shot of the area that caused me the problems. I’m outlining the flowers and fish, and then will do some water-swirl meandering. There is a bit of extra fullness here that needs to be quilted out, as the small sashings in the area were on the bias.
Here are some outlined bits I’ve already done – and I think they are ok. The wrinkles need to be steamed out – they got set in when the quilt was basted and rolled up tight.
Wish me luck.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Quilting. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s